Sunday, August 29, 2010

Austin is an Eagle Scout....and Mom should move to CALIFORNIA!

So this past week Austin had his Board of Review in Scouts to see if he was worthy of earning the rank of Eagle. Its a pretty big experience for these young boys. They have to go into a room (no parents allowed)with a panel of 4 adults sitting in front of them, and these 4 adults get to "grill" them on anything they want to regarding their experiences thus far as a Boy Scout and life in general.

But Austin did GREAT! One of the "board members" even asked Austin to expound on his religion and how/why the mormons have a different view of Jesus Christ. He gave a brief explanation and then offered to recite all 13 of our Articles of Faith! The man declined, but was overwhelmed with Austin's ability to articulate and KNOW his faith at the age of 13!

What a boy we have! We are so proud of him and BEYOND HAPPY that he belongs to us! Austin's papers that will allow us to hold his official court of honor will come in about 4 weeks...so we'll get the court of honor planned and post pics of that event after it happens in a month or 2.

Now onto another boy....a sweet, smart little boy who is just full of life and keeps us laughing...even when he is crying...

Let me explain. One evening last week I (Mom) requested that Isaac and William go take a bath. Isaac went and started the bath water, but William refused to take a bath saying, "I don't need a bath, I took one last week!" Again and again and again, Mom asked him nicely to go get into the bath. But William would not. So, Mom resorted to her "Mom tricks." Mom told William he'd better go get into the bathtub or he would loose his "Wii priveledges" for the week. William responded by crying and stomping heavily all the way to the bathtub and yelling to Mom, "You are the meanest Mom ever! I wish you would move to California!!" Then Mom had to hide her laughter...

I did not know that William even knew of California! But grateful he picked such a lovely place to send me off to!!! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are SUCH a good mom! I just love you and am/was so so blessed to have you visit teach me!
Great job Austin...what a missionary already! I love little William's comments. What a funny kid (:

Lisa said...

Go Austin! He sure is lucky to have 2 such amazing parents.

I love William's comment. I'm a mean mom too, and would love to be sent to California any day!